Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blackberry Turkey Quesadilla

I had a blackberry turkey sandwich at a local restaurant and figured why not turn into a quesadilla?  Blackberry jam is pretty easy to find at grocery stores these days but I am sure other jams may work.... Don't quote me on that though!  I love spicy so I used pepperjack cheese because the combo of sweet and spicy is Amazing in this recipe!  I also added some red onion for a bit of a bite, you can always brush your teeth after (you may have blackberry seeds in there anyway).  

So first I spread the jam on the tortilla, then place 1 or 2 slices of cheese on the bottom, the turkey and onion on top of that and another slice of cheese on top of that (not pictured) to make it extra cheesy!

Then you fold the tortilla in half and put in the toaster oven, sautee pan, or regular oven.  Don't get me started on the microwave.... It serves as a towel holder in my house.  I just don't like to put radiation on my food, no matter how small the amount.

You are done! Enjoy your quesadilla!!
Ingredients:

1 tortilla
3 slices of turkey
3 slices of cheese (I used pepperjack)
1-2 tbsp blackberry jam
1-2 slices of red onion

Lay tortilla flat and spread with jam, place 2 places of cheese on jam and top with 3 slices of turkey.  Place red onion on top of turkey and top with remaining slice of cheese.  Fold in half and bake in toaster oven, regular oven, or sauteè pan.


No comments:

Post a Comment