Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yummy Cole Slaw!

Here is my version of cole slaw!  It is super delicious and I get asked for the recipe a lot!
 I love sweet cole slaw so I add some green apples to the mix!  I also add dried cranberries from time to time but not in the cole slaw that is pictured.  You can also switch between red and green cabbage or use half and half to make colorful!
Ingredients:
1/2 head cabbage (red or green)
1/2 red onion chopped
3 green apples sliced into slivers
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1/4 cup organic mayo
1/4 cup greek yogurt
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup cranberries (optional)

Chop the cabbage into small slivers and put in bowl with chopped red onion and slivered apples.  In separate bowl mix mayo, yogurt, poppy seeds, vinegar, and honey until smooth and runny.  Taste test the mixture to ensure the right amount of sweetness or tartness to your liking.  Pour over the cole slaw and mix together (add cranberries if desired).  Serve and enjoy!  Easy and delicious side to bring to BBQ's!  Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment