Friday, May 10, 2013

Mushroom Goats Cheese Tart

I have been wanting to make this one for a while and finally was not too busy to attempt it.  I tried out an easy tart crust and while it tasted good I should have let it bake a little longer before putting the ingredients in the pan.  I started out with 8 eggs, 1 package of herbed goats cheese, 1 pkg mushrooms, half a white onion, 2 garlic cloves, some spinach, and that's it!


For the crust I used this recipe : http://www.chow.com/recipes/30213-easy-tart-dough
I would recommend baking crust (after pressing in pan) for 10-15 minutes giving it a chance to crisp up.

Sauteé the spinach, mushrooms, onion, and garlic with 2 tbsp evoo until fragrant and wilted.  I then put half the cheese in the tart pan before covering with the spinach mix.

Add the 8 eggs beaten on top and drop the remaining cheese on top of that.


Bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes

Take out and slice into 8 pieces (I ate two, dont tell...).  Hubby put siracha on his because everything must be spicy but he really liked this recipe and so did I!  Excited to eat this for lunch or breakfast in the coming week!
Ingredients:
1pkg mushrooms
1pkg herbed goats cheese
8 eggs (beaten together)
2 cups spinach
1/2 white onion chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
2 tbsp evoo
1 whole wheat crust (see earlier link for recipe I used)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Sauteé onion, mushrooms, spinach, and garlic together until wilted.  Place half goats cheese in crust.  Top with spinach mixture.  Pour egg mix over that and top with remaining cheese.  Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.  Slice into 8 and serve.  Each piece comes to about 200 calories. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment