Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tonight I was in the mood for caprese.  I had seen a recipe similar to this one and decided to make it my own (as is customary for me).  First I sliced up the eggplant, then put it in a bag with 2 tbsp olive oil and some salt.  Shake it up.

Then I put the eggplant in the oven on broil turning at 5 minutes.  As that was cooking I was chopping tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, and red onion.  Looking back I really only needed 1 tomato but with the rest of the tomato I made a true caprese sandwich so it still turned out great and very yummy!
After the eggplant was cooked I took it out of the oven and layered it with the fresh ingredients.
Stick it back in the oven (I changed it over to 350 instead of broil).  Leave in for 10 minutes, remove and eat!  So delicious!  Let me know what you think!

Recipe:
1 eggplant
1 tomato (or 2 if you want just tomato caprese)
1 slice red onion
2 garlic cloves sliced
6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
1 bunch of basil
2tbsp evoo
salt to taste

What to do:
Slice eggplant and place in bag with 2 tbsp olive oil and salt, shake up.  Place in broil oven for 5 minutes and flip, broil for another 5 minutes.  Slice up fresh ingredients and layer inbetween eggplant slices.  Layer 1 basil leaf, 1 slice red onion, 1 slice tomato, 1oz mozzarella, 2-3 garlic slices, inbetween 2 eggplant slices.  Place in 350 oven for 10 minutes and enjoy!  Salt again if needed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment