Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thai Chicken Salad

I can't say this was purely my idea, but it was purely my invention.  Though it has been done before.  My husband asked for thai food (takeout) but me being the purest that I am (and also very cheap) I said, I got this.  In the end he really enjoyed it!  He snuck seconds even though I said to save it for lunch!  I chopped half a small cabbage, 3 carrots, 3 green onions, a handful of cilantro, 6-8 oz chopped (cooked) chicken, I used rotisserie chicken so I didn't measure exactly... 1/2 cup bean sprouts (no need to chop), and 1/4 cup peanuts.
Separately mix 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce (I used stir fry sauce), 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 chopped garlic clove, 1 lime squeezed.  Keep mixing until peanut butter is smooth throughout.
Forgive the container but I didn't want to dirty another dish so I used the one that the chicken was in!  Pour this mixture over the dry mixture and stir until everything is wet and peanut buttery!  Serve on bed of lettuce or just on a plate as we did!

 Ingredients:
1/2 small cabbage head chopped
6 oz. cooked cubed chicken
3 chopped carrots
3 chopped green onion stalks
1 handful chopped cilantro
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cup peanuts

Sauce:
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 chopped garlic clove
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 lime squeezed

Mix sauce ingredients separately until peanut butter smooth.  Mix into dry ingredients until wet.  Serve and Enjoy!

It's as easy as that!


No comments:

Post a Comment