Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tarragon Chicken Salad

I don't eat that much meat, maybe only once a week as I get protein in many other ways.  I did however become rather fond of the tarragon chicken salad at the local Buegger's Bagels.  I took a few bites and knew instantly that I could recreate this recipe with ease and a couple of healthy substitutions.

Ingredients:

1 rotisserie chicken (you can use whatever kind of chicken you want really, breasts, pre-cooked, etc.  I just don't trust myself with raw chicken!) chopped into 1/2" chunks
5 celery stalks chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/3 cup mayo (I use organic)
1/3 cup greek yogurt (I use 2% Fage)
2 tbsp chopped fresh (or dried) tarragon
1 lemon squeezed
salt and pepper to taste


Combine all of the above and enjoy!! Eat about 1 1/2 cups to keep around 320 calories!


No comments:

Post a Comment