Friday, May 10, 2013

Thai Pizza my way...

So I admit that I still indulge in pizza every once and a while (who doesn't right?!), but I love to make them myself as they are pretty easy when you get the hang of it.  I make a honey whole wheat crust recipe that I got from allrecipes.com a long time ago but I will post here to keep it simple.

Crust Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ (this is totally optional as I have made without before)
1 tbsp yeast
1 cup warm water
2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp salt

Mix yeast with warm water, mix flour, wheat germ, salt until fully mixed and then create little hole in the middle and put the honey in the hole in the middle.  Then stir in the yeast/water mixture until mixed.  Place dough covered on top of oven while you preheat to 400 degrees.

Now onto the thai part of the pizza!  Of course you need hoisin sauce and peanuts.  That is primarily what makes this pizza 'thai'.  Also a little garlic and bean sprouts too!  You can use shredded zucchini and carrots (I just did the broccoli mix from the store because I am lazy and it was already shredded), however I did have to cut the red pepper myself.  I know, I know, thank you.  Then some green onion and mozzarella cheese to top it all off!  If you want a crispy crust roll and bake the dough for 8 minutes before you put on the ingredients, otherwise if you like a softer crust roll that dough and put the ingredients right on top!

Ingredients:
1 shredded zucchini
2 shredded carrots (or just buy the broccoli mix and skip the first two steps!)
1 bunch green onions chopped
1 red pepper sliced thin
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
3 chopped garlic cloves
1/4 cup peanuts

Spread hoisin on crust, top with chopped garlic spreading evenly.  Next put veggie ingredients and then peanuts, top lastly with cheese to insure peanuts stay on pizza.  Bake in 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is to your liking.  Slice and eat!

Let me know how you like this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment